Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dumbledore, I never knew


I have absolutely nothing against gays, in fact, I think they are denied some basic rights that they should be able to have. It's just, well, she waited until long after her last book was released to mention it. I think she's just trying to get publicity, using homosexuality to try and get a few more sales out of her retired series (like she really needs a few more sales). It's not like Dumbledore has been hiding something all this time, and has put careful thought into coming out at a good time in his life... because he's FICTIONAL! JK Rowling IS Dumbledore. Is there a connection there??
On another note, how sad about the fires in California. All the people without homes. It's a sign of the times, no? Scary because Utah isn't exactly immune to wildfires. We don't have the Santa Anas here, but it could still happen couldn't it? I know someone who is going to Disneyland on vacation this weekend, today she was complaining about how she has the most rotten luck that there would be a huge wildfire on the weekend she planned her vacation, potentially ruining it... I guess she meant the air quality and a trip to the beach. I said, "yeah, I bet all those people who's houses burned down are thinking the same thing." Phhhhht. I am a jerk. I really actually love this person because she's a sweetheart, it was a little funny though.

No comments: