Thursday, April 10, 2008

I loves dis co

I just have to take this moment to say, yet again, how much I love my work. This morning when I walked in I had this cute little kit on my desk (as did everyone else), designed to help relieve some stress from the whole converting-to-new-software thing, because everyone is working real hard. It had a giant mug with "first fill-up compliments of Walkers" on it, a bottle of tylenol, chewing gum and candy, a pack of tissues, toothbrushes/paste and mouthwash (I don't know what that has to do with being stress-free, perhaps as a joke that we spend the night here), and just some more random stuff. Aww.... how nice. I love that they just randomly do stuff for us like that. The girl that takes care of it is leaving the company though :( (her husband is graduating and they will be moving out of utah) so it may not continue as such we will see. Of course we'll miss her more because she's so cool, but anyway. I remember when I applied for this job I hadn't quite decided if I was going to work full-time or part-time, and I wasn't even that excited about it because, well, it was just payroll. But it's turned out to be the best thing ever. I have been through some really crappy jobs and crappy employers and crappy co-workers (not all, but some), but this time I got really lucky and I just don't think it gets any better. Anyway.... wipe your eyes I know you are touched. That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you spend most of your life at your job, it's important to be happy there. Good for you!! I'm very happy for YOU too! It's amazing how these little things mean so much and can keep the spirits up. Good for A-Plus, they're on the right track!