Tuesday, April 22, 2008

That I would be good

Here I sit all brokenhearted...

LOVE E=MC square... she's back and better than she ever was.

First "official" day all by myself. I think it went okay. I think it'll be okay but I'm not going to say either way just yet. The room was all empty and lonely today, I sincerely missed Camille. It's different without her, but it's okay. Was talking to my classmate Charlie (the one from highschool), and he said to just own the job, make it yours, find different ways to do things that work better than before, just make it work for you. I guess he knows, he's threatened to leave his job three times and they just keep giving him raises. I had a situation to explain to my boss today, and as I spoke, he kept interrupting me and I got really frustrated. I was trying not to act frustrated but I'm afraid I did. I just don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I know he's nervous having all his accounting people leave at the same time. I'd really like to prove myself.

Had math final tonight. That's two finals down, one to go. Hope the grades work out okay. I am not at all sad to kiss those classes goodbye. A whole week's worth of evenings to spend with hubby, resting our brains, doing whatever the heck we want! As I write he is playing dodgeball with the ward priesthood group. I told him to go make us some friends.

As for the raid on the polygamist compound in texas... since everyone is throwing in their two cents... here comes mine... I do think it's really sad to seperate the kids from their mothers, but I think it would be worse for them if they stayed. Read "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop, absolutely a fascinating book. Putting them in the foster-care system doesn't always have the best outcome either, but it may just give them a chance to do what they want with their lives, reach their potential, be happy and free of physical, sexual, and psychological abuse. Now that it's happened, I wonder why those awful men were allowed to have sex with and impregnate minor girls without legal repercussions up until now, no matter if it's in the name of religion or not. Those awful awful men. What a dream for a narcissistic, pedophilic man, it really makes me sick. I also think it would be wise to offer the women a guaranteed safe "escape" from polygamy for those who desire it, albeit secretly, and take them in, teach them how to be self-sufficient, make their own decisions about their own life. Maybe that's just me projecting my own dream upon others though.

WOA. Not to go all hippie on yo azz. I guess I'll go do something.

No comments: