Saturday, April 5, 2008

You mean I exist?

Lately I don't feel I have anything interesting to write about. But, in the interest of staying in the habit, here is a blog.

Yes, I have officially won the affections of the cat. No, impossible, you say. It only took four months. After I figured out the antagonistic approach wasn't working (shoving him off the couch, making him dance for food, and scaring him silly countless times) I stopped terrorizing him so much and he warmed up to me, go figure. He no longer cringes and fights me when I try to pick him up, and he even jumps into my lap without prodding. Yes, he's a pretty nice cat after all.

Well, take cover, I also washed my car again this weekend... Dad and I are going to wax it tomorrow. I am wholly convinced that the freak snow storm we had last weekend happened because I washed my car just the day before. I never, almost NEVER wash my car. It's a catastrophe waiting to happen. We will see.

This afternoon hubby went to play the tables out west, so I am alone tonight. Ever since he stopped working nights, I have not had a night alone. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him home most of the time, but tonight it feels good just to kick around... clean the house, blast music, finish homework, etc.

While at the grocery store tonight I saw the older brother of an old boyfriend. I had spent a lot of time around that boyfriend's family, and kind of thought of this guy as somewhat an older brother. He sounded like he was just bumming around and stuff... I hope his plans work out for him.

1 comment:

alison said...

Me too!! About washing my car. I hadn't washed the entire winter long, and then last week before the snow storm I took it to super sonic car wash... and vacuumed it too... Maybe it's just a Jones girl curse. Or maybe we're both freakishly lazy and as the utah weather curse would have it, it snowed.