Thursday, May 8, 2008

I feel pretty good. You never know what the future holds in store, but I just have a feeling like whatever happens is supposed to happen and it will work out.

The reason I even got thinking about it was because I learned an interesting tidbit at work today. Nothing real big, and I'm not really worried. We haven't really begun to dive into the accounting processes in the new software yet, so it didn't come up until today, when I asked about how to create some specific reports. There is a software package they are considering buying that would take care of the payroll taxes - which would pretty much take away a large chunk of my responsibilities, although to what extent I'm not sure. It would be really great for the company to do that, I think. If it really takes away much of what I do, and it may or may not, then they would probably either give me different responsibilities or let me go.

If it ever comes down to it, I like to think that they'd keep me, but you have to make the best decision for the business too and I understand that. It would probably break my heart to leave such a great company, but I know I'd land on my feet and be fine. Anyhow, this thinking is pretty premature, I will just enjoy and appreciate it while I've got it; and it may just be a long time before I go anywhere.

No comments: