Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I love my job! We had a three-hour meeting today for the new software, which was specifically for the accounting folk. Interesting and informative; it will be a lot of work in the next few months but I'm feelin' up to the challenge. They pushed the "going-live" deadline back to August, so that will help with practicing and checking things out. But I just love being able to work with everyone - the managers, my co-workers... since I'm the only the does my specific job, there will be some training that involves just me. And the new software package for taxes that they are considering (I posted about it a few weeks ago), the owner said if/when that clears up a bunch of my time then I can start helping the controller more, which would be so awesome. Anyway, I just left today feeling really good and excited about everything that's going on. It's fun to be a part of it.

Shifting gears a little - in speech class, my score was 83. Poo. Almost all of the marks on my grade sheet said the speech was good, but it was too quiet! Too quiet, too quiet, too quiet. I've always been quiet, will always be quiet, and will never be a natural speaker, it is simply not a strength. Unfortunately, it is a SPEECH class, and the only thing to do is roll with it. (Roll with it baby!) Generals are dumb.

No comments: