Monday, June 16, 2008

An award thingy

So, I received something in the mail a couple of months ago, it was an "achievement award" from the school of business... for my associates degree which I completed almost a year ago. We were invited to an awards banquet something-or-other, which I was unable to attend to due being in class, so I politely declined. I thought, they probably give this to everyone who makes the deans list or whatever, and I felt kind of embarrassed for getting all worked up over a dumb associates degree. Today I found this, and on page five there is my name along with two other people who were given the award for the accounting area. I guess it was supposed to mean more than I thought... anyway, that was really nice of them. I'm not sure what I did to be honest cuz I happen to KNOW there are kids here with better grades than me. Anyway, that was kind of cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty neat Cali. I guess you never really knew how much of an honor your award was, but sounds like a good thing! Next time you're offered an award, don't take it too lightly. Enjoy the honor and revel in the recognition! You should frame it!

STANLEY said...

thats my girl!!! learning how to make me the money! keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good work. You can use that in your resume. You just add a section that says "recognition" or something like that. I think what happened is that when they realized that you were operating with a severe disability, they said WOW! That girl has really achieved!