Saturday, June 14, 2008

Survey day

Today was supposed to be a "homework day." Instead it turned into a "lay around and sleep because of a headache day." Now I'm just putting off the trip to the grocery store, and I think I'll copy the survey thing that was on Brittney's blog.

- What high school did you go to? Spanish Fork High

- What was your school mascot? the Don

- What were your school colors? Red & Black

- Did you have school spirit? No, sometimes I wished I could've gone to PG

- Did you drive to school or ride the bus? Sophomore year: bus. The rest: drove

- What kind of car did you drive? First an oldsmobile, then a white '91 VW Fox... it would always break down on me if I went over 50 mph

- Did you ever skip? Almost every day, at least in my jr. year

- If so, where did you go on skip days? Home, to get a haircut, or to go shopping. Once I locked myself out of my car at Old Navy in Orem and Mom had to come rescue me.

- Ever have detention? Nope... wait... maybe. I don't remember.

- For what? I think I might've got caught sluffing... I really don't remember

- What did you think of freshman year? Freshman year is Jr. High for us Spanish Forkians, and it was the most miserable year ever.

- Was lunchtime fun? Yes

- Did you normally eat school lunch or bag lunch? Brought lunch, but school lunch became a coveted thing towards the end there

- Were you ever part of a food fight? No.

- Did you attend the pep rallies? Yes, I thought they were actually fun.

- Did you have a crush on anyone? At different times... Brad, Joe, Casey, Josh, Ryan, Jesse, Matt, Chris, Gregan. Mostly Gregan.

- Were you bullied by anyone? Nope.

- Did you play any sports? Nope, at least not after moving to SF

- Did you go to all the football games? I averaged about one per year.

- Were you friends with the cheerleaders? No

- Were you considered popular? I had friends in almost every group, and hung out with them at different times, but no

- Did you run for Homecoming or Prom King/Queen? Kenna nominated me once, but no

- Did you win any awards or superlatives? Just the honor roll.

- Were you involved in any clubs? The polka club. I think I went to about one meeting. And Student city council but that was a joke.

- What was your favorite subject? mmm I had a love/hate relationship with math. World history was fun.

- Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Clarke... "unbelievable!!"

- Who was your least favorite teacher? Mr. Lunt... I think the best way to describe him is "premadonna"... socially dependent yet socially inept... although everybody kissed his fanny so he would put them in Acappella... that sort of thing bugs me (although it was a great precurser to real life, I must say)

- Who did you hang out with? It depends on the year. It went from the "relief society" group, (how lame that sounds), then it was McKenna, DeAnna, Katie

- Were you part of a clique? No, I don't think so... see above "friends in almost every group"

- Did you hang out with mostly guys or girls? My closest friends were girls, but if you're talking numbers then guys (this is how it remained until I got married)

- Was there anyone you absolutely could not stand? Mmmm yes.

- Who were you dating? Dated alot, but never singled it down

- What year did you graduate? 2002

- Where were the parties held? I had a few shin-digs at my house... my friends had a few shin-digs... wasn't much of a partier

- Who threw the best parties? ?

- Did you drink? No

- Did you smoke? No

- Aside from school, what were your weekends or evenings like? They were fun

- What is one of the best memories you have of high school? Once, a kid named Josh and I sluffed 5th period and snuck through the gate into the swimming pool and went swimming with our clothes on.

- What is one of the best high school party memories you have? Like I said, no parties. Well okay, one time we were sleeping over at Kristy's house (different Kristi than the one on my blogroll, although she might've been there, I don't remember). And we snuck off and went to a boy's house who was also having a "boy sleepover", and watched Rocky movies all night until one of their mothers saw us there at 4 in the morning and called everyone's moms. It was traumatic at the time, but now I laugh about it. Rocky movies. (and my parents didn't even care. My parents were awesome)

- Do you miss being in high school? Nope. Life now is so much more fun

- Did you ever fail a class or grade? No, I almost failed math one year, then retook it and got a B. And dropped out of AP Psychology. Other than that, it was A's.

- What grade was the most fun? Senior

- If you could, would you do it all again? I would only do it again if I could know the things I know now... otherwise no

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your survey! I think if we were in high school together we would have been BFF's for sure!