Thursday, September 25, 2008

Knowledgeable and happy, it is

Thanks for your comments, Nadell, JohnnyB and Dad. (Geoff told me aside that he'd rather be knowledgeable and miserable so that he'd know whether or not he should kill himself... hmm...) The consensus - two out of three - seems to be to know all truth and be HAPPY, or at least not miserable, even if circumstances are. :) I'm not saying mine are miserable, but it's nice to have a reminder to just be grateful for what you have. (thanks)

The other day was quite the emotional day... I was so tired when I got home that I just laid in bed with a great big body pillow, in the dark, and listened to a new album I bought until I fell asleep. (Mazzy Star - it's not new, but was my first time listening). It was heaven. I am grateful I can take time out like that.


I'm also so incredibly grateful that my husband is one who listens to me and takes my concerns seriously, though they may not be a big deal to him. And that he makes and effort to do something about them because he cares. Wow... I do not know what I did to deserve him but it must've been good. I'm so full of gratitude for him.


He has also officially switched his major to.............. drum roll................ ACCOUNTING! This pretty much flies in the face of all I thought possible. First of all, I'm in accounting. He is one who likes to have his own identity of sorts, and because I'm in it, it has been discarded as a possibility in the past. Also, he has been making fun of male accounting students for the past year. NOW HE IS ONE! ha ha. Actually, and I have to agree with him on it, there are many obnoxious male accounting students at our school - with the whole "better-than-thou", know-it-all kind of attitude. I secretly always thought that, but brushed it off figuring I probably thought that cuz I'm a girl. Then Geoff brought it up. Anyway, he feels much better about doing this major for the employment opportunities - and, he will graduate faster! Anyhoo, he will do well, and I think it's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Accounting! Great Geoff! Now we'll have 2 numbers geeks in the fam!

And I didn't think Knowledgeable and happy was a choice.... But sometimes I think you could be happier if you were delusional.