Monday, September 29, 2008

No more dust

Today I did a deep clean of the bedroom. Packed out three tall-kitchen sized bags of clothes, one of shoes, and another two-ish of garbage. (Gross huh) I can't believe I found six empty shoe-boxes just sitting around in my closet, taking up space. I used to think I should keep them because I might use them for storage someday... also threw away two purses with broken handles... am I really that much of pack-rat? It was so nice - I even threw away stuff that I'd never used but had been keeping just because "it cost money". Then I vacuumed against the edges of all the walls and stuff so... ah I can't wait to go to bed tonight.

Also just got back from yoga with friend Ray. She invited me to go last week and it felt really good, it doesn't feel like exercize but it sure makes you sore.

Geoff and I went to see Hancock today at the matinee. It was horrible; don't pay money. Like someone wrote the first half and then someone else wrote the second half and totally changed the tone, plot, and purpose of the whole script. I sure love my husband though. That was the first movie we've been to in a long time.

It is so LATE! Goodnight!

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Isn't it funny the kinds of things we accumulate, thinking that they will come in handy sometime? I try really hard to not do too much of that. My mom was a big piler. There were piles all over what was supposed to be the family room and her room and storage room were even worse, not to mention the shed! How much room do we need for our junk? I on the other hand, try to get rid of some things, but I don't get rid of things I know I have a 50/50 chance of using in the next 10 or so years (baby clothes), so they just are taking up the whole closet in the girls' room. As long as it's organized, I'm okay. I just like to know where stuff is. And not filthy. That's gross to me. Sorry this is so long. I feel like I'm getting to know you better this way.
GOOD JOB CLEANING UP!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE deep cleaning. It feels so good! And yoga too. www.yogatics.com is awesome. I always do the headstands she teaches.

And Hancock I felt like the whole movie was quickly released so that everyone who was still amazed by I am Legend would go see it without knowing what a stupid movie it was.
that was a long sentence.
but the storyline reminds me of rough drafts I have written. The story starts out good and then all the sudden its the end. what? I missed something...