Friday, September 5, 2008

Trash-talkin' bitty, that's me! Could this possibly be more awkward?

Today, I was helping a co-worker move her workspace (they are totally re-doing the bldg, tearing down walls and moving departments around) and the boss-men were having a screwdriver-throwing contest just feet away, trying to make the screwdriver stick in the wall. I told my coworker I'm a pretty good knife-thrower and I can kick trash and I bet I'd kick trash at the screwdriver too. She poked her head out from her cubicle and yelled, "hey, cali wants to issue a challenge, she says can kick all your butts at throwing that screwdriver!" It was quiet for about a second then they kind of laughed a little and went on playing. It's probably not a big deal, and I don't think she meant anything bad by doing it, but I was mortified. I think I froze, and refused to come out from behind the cubicle until they all had left. So. I'm on lunch break right now and have to go back in a minute and I just don't even want to go back to work. I know I care too much, but just last night I was telling Geoff that I'm tired of worrying about what my bosses think of me. Anytime they're around I get so nervous and it's very tiring. Anyway, that should help things, no?

2 comments:

alison said...

After she said that, you should have yelled out, "yeah and I'll bust a cap on all you foos, too!"

And THEN see what your bosses think.

alison said...

weird, I'm not even going to be around when that halloween counter is all counted up...