Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All scientists are mo-fo's because the monkey up there said so.

The fat cat actually climbed into my lap and let me pet him today. Hmmm, I thought that was a lost privilege, considering I'm the insane torturer at our house. By the time he was done with me, my hand looked like sasquatch and had to wash my hands to pick the cat hair off my face. (I'm allergic, so it bugs when it's in the face).

Well, we feel like exceptionally endowed at this time; some friends (yes FRIENDS, as in, couple-friends) invited us to go to Vegas with them next week, so off to sin city we go! We're so pumped. We have to cut the trip short and come home early for a class though, which is not so cool. But we'll take it! We're staying in a different hotel each night just to maximize the experience. I'm way excited.

Our human-performance meeting thingy today was on Gratitude, which is done once each year. I loved it! We talked about the scientific studies that show Gratitude is nothing short of a miracle drug, and in fact a performance-enhancing drug. Apparently people who are grateful get better sleep, are less stressed, have more energy, are sick less, and are overall more happy. (Go figure?) My "action item" for this one was to get my gratitude journal back out and start writing in it again. Just for fun, I'm going to include them in my blog on the days that I blog.

Thing to note - frustration is extremely detrimental and is a negative-priming exercise. We should take our frustrated times and turn them into gratitude. (in other words, I'm so thankful I couldn't find frames because now I get to go to Ikea and look there!) Well, it's a start, anyway. I am committing to being a grateful person! Yee haw! Let's do three things each time. They can be as simple as I want.

Well, since we're missing class on Monday for our trip, my homework is all stacked up since I'm turning it in early. I'm grateful for that because it means I'm going on vacation! (That's two things in this post so far). I'm also grateful for my sweet darling husband because he does so much for me.

PS - The title of this post comes from a random thought I had during class tonight. (Yes, it was quite the stimulating finance lecture, I assure)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cali, tell Geoff I tried to leave a comment on his blog but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I just wanted to tell him that I LOVED that music! It would've been even better if I could understand the lyrics, but the music was great!

So therefore, I'm greatful I sat down long enough to watch and listen to the videos. And I'm greatful for you two! You're the best kids ever! And I'm excited for you to go to Vegas.... it'll remind you of our family trip, huh?

Cali said...

Ha ha, yeah... where the magic all began. ha ha. That was a way fun trip. Thanks mom.