Friday, November 7, 2008

Converting mp3's

When I came home from work today, Geoff had made a nice dinner of beef stew (in the crock pot), flaky biscuits, and martinelli's with little wine glasses. And confetti cake, which we love, for dessert. Just to say he loves me. (cue - awwwwwwwww) When I thanked him for being such a sweetheart, he just hung his head and said, "nawwwwww you mean I'm such a sweetfart." Ha ha.


I am ADDICTED to this song. Keep the Faith, Michael Jackson. I remember thinking, "this is weird," when listening to it as a fourth grader, but now I love it! I'm pretty sure it played about 30 times on my little CD player at work today, and I'm pretty sure I sung it at the top of my lungs in the car another hundred times.

I need help! Does anyone know how to convert protected Mpeg4 files to Mp3's?? I figured out how to host the files online myself so I can stick 'em over there in the playlist, but I can't convert them to mp3's, which is the only file type playlist supports. I've searched and tried a bunch of different things and nothing works. :( At least short of paying for a converter program.

Not that I'm saying you should all want to share my love for this Michael Jackson song...

3 comments:

STANLEY said...

awwwwww...what a sweet husband you have!!

Staci... said...

That is really so cute! Yeah for awesome husbands!

Jax said...

Are the MPEG4 files ones that you bought through iTunes or something? If so, and if you can play them in iTunes fine, then the solution is to burn the songs to a CD from within iTunes. Then rip the songs on the CD to MP3, also from within iTunes.

It's kind of a joke because iTunes songs are all "protected" (DRMed in techspeak) and annoying to work with, but iTunes itself provides a means of easily unprotecting them. I do this with all iTunes-purchased songs to get them into a more usable MP3 format. Now that Amazon.com has MP3 downloads that are often cheaper than iTunes, though, I've found myself using it more frequently.