Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finally done!

SPOILER ALERT! Don't continue if you still plan on reading the Twilight Series. (Although I can't imagine many people who actually want to read it have waited longer than I have)

Well, I finally finished the fourth book last night, which means life can return to normal now. Unlike many other Twilight fans, I was not disappointed with the fourth book at all. There were some differences, like Edward went from being a dangerous and smoldering hot forbidden love to a very comfortable companion/fatherly/husbandly type... a family man. And Bella's entire tone was different, which made really the entire book different. (Well, the part that was hers and not Jacob's). It was not in a bad way, just a different, less addicting way. Which is good for me because that means I'm not too disappointed that there's not more to read. I think there was nowhere else for the story to go anyway, without repeating itself or shifting the focus to other characters. But still good. I still have my soundtracks to listen to and they are very good.

Now we get a couple more days of play before going back to the grindstone (a.k.a. school). It's New Year's Eve tonight, just got home from work, and looking forward to nothing more than hanging out at home with Geoff, being comfortable and taking it easy. He's gone right now, getting pizza, I think. We haven't had pizza in almost three weeks! (that's pretty good for us). Plus I think Geoff's cold is about to become my cold, so relaxing feels really nice.

No comments: