Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Falafel?

So here's how it is. I dropped another class and am now left with just two, not-too-hard classes. Meaning I'm taking a break. On one side I'm thinking wow I suck/so many other people can do it why can't you/pushing graduation off yet another semester go smartie pants/what about the GH stuff like determination and will and wanting it enough to work for it/pain of effort cliches/you're too weak to discipline yourself/etc. etc. etc. On the other side, it's you know, you've been at this for seven straight semesters now, any other normal person would need a break too. Obviously my escalating mental state is telling me to give it a rest. (Because I'm not actually a fire-breathing dragon, I'm a sopping wet basket case). Geoff keeps saying, "we're not in a hurry, we're not in a hurry". Although, if his plans all go accordingly, he'll be well into his graduate degree while I'm still finishing up the stinking bachelors. Oh well. I'm just thinking about this too much. There is WAY too much thinking going on here. Time to turn it off.

..........................................Farfegnoogan........................................

I had a friend in high school; we used to look at each other and go, "Falafel?" if we didn't get it or sort of to shrug something off. Maybe it will become my mantra. (I had gotten a greeting card with a big picture of a salad on front and inside the card said "Falafel?" We had no idea what it meant)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Falafel? I dunno, but it's a fun word to say. Good for you for recognizing when you need a break. Don't be too hard on yourself, you have a husband and full-time demanding job besides. I think you're doing great! :)

kenna said...

I am a firm believe in breaks.

TRUST ME.

I might have to start saying that too Falafel?

My boss says 'burritos.'

Sven said...

YEAH!!! Now we have more time to P.L.A.A.Y.

M said...

So you dropped two classes, but I wouldn't call that a break! You're still working FULL TIME and going to COLLEGE! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Nat said...

School, Job, and a life is something I couldn't handle...there for I just did hair. Little reading involved. You are doing SO SO SO good, because you are taking classes that =smart people. SPEAKING of Falafel...I had this box of Falafel Mix laying around. I thought it would be good to make n eat since it look like diet food. Yeah Elise spit it out, and I spit it out...and then we went out for burgers n fries. Now Elise says "Ew mommy Fafl" the last 2 days when something is yucky. EW Fafl!

JohnnyB said...

Falafel is deliscious. It's made from chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and seasoned. You deep fry falafel and have it in pita bread with raw onion and peppers, cucumber and some sauce.


I assume the card was a get well card - a pun because falafel sounds like "feel awful" ("Falafel?" "Well, I hope you feel better soon")
recipe: http://mideastfood.about.com/od/maindishes/r/falafelrecipe.htm
Conversation about falafel:
http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/017780.html