Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pandora don't feel bad

I've heard of Pandora.com before, but never bothered to try it until yesterday. It's awesome. It's a free, commercial-free online radio station. You type in the name of an artist or song that you like, and it finds other artists and songs that are similar-sounding and plays them for you. You can further customize your radio station by giving songs thumbs up or thumbs down, and you can add variety by including an additional artist or song.

I put Collective Soul and Lady Gaga in mine, and it was commercial-free heaven.

Except for when I gave one song a thumbs down and a little message popped up that said, "We are sorry for playing this song. We won't play this song on your radio station ever again." What? And then I got a message that said, "We were unable to save your feedback, it's all our fault."

This radio station is making me feel bad. I feel like a big meanie when I get those messages, like I bawled it out and it's apologizing profusely for its gross errors. For ruining my life!

Yes, I am easily manipulated; I can't help it. I'm sorry okay? It's my fault, I won't ever do it ever, ever again!

6 comments:

JohnnyB said...

I love Pandora and have a couple differeent stations for different moods. Now I need a travelling Pandora radio.
You can get it on many cell phones, I guess, but not mine (mine is provided by my company and they think music downloading is NOT a business application.)

Cali said...

JohnnyB - yeah it's too bad a person can't take their computer with them everywhere; I'm really liking this. I just added a bunch of 80's to mine. Do you mind me asking what the different playlist moods are?

Cali said...

I hope that's not a weird question, I'm just curious.

I haven't created any others yet but I'd probably have an aggressive one, and probably a calming one for thoughtful days, and a fun uplifting one, kind of like the one I've got now.

JohnnyB said...

That's not a weird wuestion.
I'm not sure "moods" was the right word - I have a station based originally on Dave Mathews, Green Day, Jack Johnson and (oddly) Cat Stevens. Then I have the Todd Snider, John Prine station - as well as an alt/country station which is sort of redundant to the other one.. And I have classic rock station.

JohnnyB said...

Oh, I also have a Christmas/Hanukkah station but haven't listened to that for about 3 months.

Cali said...

Oh I LOVE Dave Matthews! (one of my favorites) And Jack Johnson. And Cat Stevens is okay too. Don't know the other two guys though.

I don't think I've listened to holiday music in about three years... oops