Thursday, April 9, 2009

George Harry or Hairy George...

Today on the way from work to school, a song came on the radio that totally took me back. George Harrison's Got my mind set on you. I remember loving that song as a kid. And I remember that the music video was this old hairy dude sitting in a dark cabin room all by himself singing while the furniture and wall hangings moved around. I watched the video again to see if it was really as creepy as I remembered. Yep.

Some other songs I remember liking were Sting's Englishman in New York, Gloria Estefan's Rhythm is Gonna Get You, and Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. (I remember watching that video too - a guy standing in front of a fence). Were there others, dad? That's all I remember right now.

I just looked them all up and they're all from 1987. Three-years must have been the magical age.

2 comments:

kenna said...

You KNOW how much I love me some 80's tunes.

Good picks.

Chakeshemo said...

well, let's see, Elton's "I wanna kiss the bride", Spandau Ballet "This much is true"? (not sure on the title), Richard Marx was big with big hair. The Cars,"drive". Bruce Hornsby had a big album, James Taylor "Her Town". Little River Band, "Time Exposure". Laura Branigan had some hits. For the most part, I'd rather forget '80's tunes. A few good songs, mostly popish stuff, it was kind of a cheesey time with cheesey styles and cheesey hair.