Friday, May 22, 2009

Slow day

So yeah, it was SO SLOW at work today! Almost all of the managers were gone, and only about half of the employees even showed up, and by the end of the day there were probably what, fifteen of us left? he he. They've taken away some of my non-tax-related tasks and given them out to others so I can focus on tax and be trained on this other stuff, only, I haven't been trained on the other stuff yet. So all of those time-filler-stuffs I usually worked on during slow times are no longer mine.

Geoff came up and took me to lunch today. We talked about how when we were first married, he worked at Barnes and Noble and translated some web pages for a few extra bucks, and had no school behind him. I worked at Hollywood Video and the Sonic corporate office making 9 bucks an hour and barely had any school done myself. We've come such a long way in four years. I guess Geoff has actually been thinking about getting an MPA for a couple of months now. Maybe public administration is something he'd like to do. It's pretty exciting to be looking up and outward!

A little later tonight we're going to dinner at my cousin's. He just got married about a year ago - maybe two - and he's only a year younger than me, I don't know why we haven't hung out sooner.

Tomorrow morning I've got a group meeting at 9 a.m. then a test to take at the testing center, then we are going to ride bikes down provo canyon all the way out to the lake! Mom and Dad are letting us borrow their truck and bikes. (Thank you!) Hopefully the weather cooperates. It will be fun! It's about 17 miles one-way I think, but I imagine much of it will be downhill. Which is better for out-of-shape me. I'm excited!

No comments: