Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm a corrupted file

I seriously have nothing interesting to say. Tonight looks like a good night for a bike ride. If we just had bikes... good ones, I mean. Maybe a walk.

Over the weekend I was informed by a concerned family member that I shouldn't count on getting done with school as the solution to all of life's problems. Because I will be dissappointed and there are other ways to deal with things than just "getting through it."

I know this is true, however, I can't help but feel it will bring incredible relief to be done. To not have something constantly hanging over my head, to be able to focus on things I enjoy and have a little more balance, a clearer mind. To do things that need to be done - such as keeping a clean house - and I am so ready to seriously work on my bod. I foresee a time when going to the gym each evening (or at least 5 days a week) will be possible, as well as planning, grocery shopping for, and cooking decent meals. I have tried to maintain a good schedule a few times in the last couple of years and I'm just no good at it when there's classes to go to and homework to be done and groups to meet with and I'm so tired and bla bla bla.

Well anyway, only a couple more weeks and then I'll only have one class, one night a week. So for about two months I should be able to do a good schedule, and then the last semester of school starts. The last semester!!! Woo hoo!!

I feel like a broken record. (Or is it a scratched CD these days? Or a corrupted mp3? I'm sure there's a newer technology that I have no awareness of.) That walk sounds nice.

3 comments:

justine said...

I wish we had our bikes down here in Nevada, your post has me itching to go for a bike ride!

Anonymous said...

Someone once told me the same thing about being done with school. Don't believe it. Once you're done, done for good, done for real, never have to go to another class in your life if you don't want to... then you are happy. Seriously. I believe that.

Anonymous said...

I believe it too. More time for you!