Monday, August 10, 2009

Terrible, horrible, okay, very awesome day

Boy, I was not a happy camper this morning. I was just so frustrated with the tax commission. Did I already write about this? Something happened in their data conversion when they switched software platforms that caused a bunch of delinquent notices to be sent to people who do not warrant them. We even got one this morning. When I called to ask about it, I was told "oops, we don't know how that happened," that they would fix it and that our account was in the clear. I made four of those phone calls today. FOUR. And one to the state of Georgia, (who already admitted their mistake but asked me to follow-up in fourteen business days) whose automated hold-message would say, "due to high call volume, your expected wait time is now ten minutes," and then after five more minutes of wait, would say, "due to high call volume, your expected wait time is now forty-five minutes." Huh??? (whatever happened to in-the-order-recieved policy) So, pretty much my whole morning was spent quelching down tax-problems-caused-by-tax-commissions, and I was also dreading that phone call, was getting requests from people who had missed other deadlines to please help them catch up, and hadn't even gotten to my normal daily work yet, and so was really frustrated.

But, a long lunch of Apple Spice Junction and some excedrine helped me feel better, and then the afternoon turned around. All of the tax commission problems were fixed except for Georgia, who I will try again tomorrow, and an IRS thing I've been working on for over a year was finally put to bed by recieving a refund check in the mail!! FINALLY! (It was really really the IRS's mistake and we eventually had to use the taxpayer advocate to fix that one but they really did a great job!) I was able to catch up on most of my work, and finally got to have the phone call I'd been so scared of. It went so awesomely, better than I even thought the best-case was! I wanted to place that person on a giant pedestal and worship him for being so cool. I seriously love working with those kind of people. And am so glad that my coworker helped me practice the phone call in advance. It felt good having checked stuff off a list today. Tomorrow I hope to dig into another project and get that bad-boy done.

Last week I only got one point out of four on the wellness but still lost three pounds! Yay!

Update: I just got back from the most awesome drive. Quaint houses, thick trees, fresh-air, orange dusky sky, and music from the "life songs" CD. Theeeeeee best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Apple Spice Junction good? I have one by my house but I don't like the name so I have never eaten there.

Anonymous said...

Is Apple Spice Junction good? I have one by my house but I don't like the name so I have never eaten there.

Cali said...

It is sooo good. I recommend getting the chicken cashew sandwhich on 13-grain bread. It is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my pick! Every Friday we order out and they deliver. You must be related to me ;)