Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday mom!

This morning I went to a baby shower that Staci had at her house for Kayt (the friend who just adopted.) It was fun to see them again. I knew most of the people there from the ward, although there were also some family and co-workers of Kayt's. Her little baby Addi is so cute. Kayt kept saying, "I'm so obsessed with her." She's such a cute mommy. It was funny at times there would be three or four different conversations going on, and I mostly just sat there and listened, because they were talking about their kids. It was interesting because I heard lots and lots of pregnancy stories, childbirth, newborn, and all kinds of poop, pee, and vomit stories, and Kayt's seriously adorable mother in law kept turning to me saying, "this is what you have to look forward to." Ha ha. It was a little overwhelming just thinking of "that" life, but fun. I loved the hustle and bustle of Staci's house, and I really do want my own big family someday, but boy I am just not ready to start that committment just yet. But I'm glad I went. One thing I really noticed was just how much my friend Kayt is able to draw in people around her - all different kinds of people and personalities - and make them feel loved and accepted and happy. She really is such a wonderful person, and I will miss them so much when they move to Florida in a month. (Her husband will be working down there.)

Then we cleaned house, our weekend activity, a task that never seems done, ha ha. (Oh, house smells good by the way.) Mom and dad came for a few minutes for some cake and ice cream - it's my mom's birthday! We chatted and watched a little football and ate cake and opened presents. They are going up to Snowbird to spend the evening with their friends. My parents are cute. Happy Birthday mom! We love you!

1 comment:

Staci... said...

Thanks for coming Cali! It was so fun to see you! I couldn't agree with you more on that pull Kayt has on people! So sad they are moving! Hope we didn't scare you from mommyhood too much with all of the stories! Pretty funny what comes with having babies! LOVE YA!