Saturday, November 7, 2009

5K

Well this morning was that Fun Run. It was touching to actually see the family and hear them talk about how grateful they are for this opportunity. They seem like really amazing people.

It was the first 5K for both of us. Let me tell you, I'm seriously and pretty much embarassingly out of shape. I tuckered out after about four blocks, then we wogged the rest of the way (a mixture of walking and jogging but mostly walking). I knew Geoff could've kept up with the rest of the pack, and I urged him to go ahead several times, but he was determined to stay by my side. "Slow and steady, steady and slow, that's the way we always go," a quote by Goofy, he said. He's just the dang sweetest and cutest man I know. I'm pretty much totally in love with him.

It was pretty fun, the weather was awesome - felt like the middle of June - and we got a water bottle prize at the end. We said we're going to find and do more of them. I really need to get working out and eating better.

2 comments:

Kayt and Brian Bell said...

Good Job Cali! Races seem scary to me!! I stick to the power walk with Addi. lol! I miss you so bad!! I am coming home for the month of December and I hope I get to hang out with you!

Cali said...

Kayt! For sure we will! I miss you too!