Friday, November 6, 2009

A great day

I have the best husband ever! Today while working, I got called down to the front desk and there was my hubby, bearing a grocery bag which contents included cordial cherries, sugar babies, Lindt truffles, Toblerone, Symphony almonds & toffee, Hershey's cookies & creme, Cadbury caramello, fruity Twizzlers, and Haribo raspberries. Pretty much all my favorite candy - and I do love candy - in one bag. He'd gone to the city office for work and thought he'd stop by. For realz, I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a sweet, thoughtful man as my eternal companion. What a lucky gal I am.

A few weeks ago I got a facebook event invitation thing for a boy who lives in Orem, who is getting a wish granted by the Make A Wish Foundation. They're having a Family 5K Fun Run as part of a Family Month that the local schools are doing, and all of the money from the run goes to the foundation. I don't know the people well enough to know the child's situation, but I just barely found the boy's mother's blog, here. Seems like a hard situation to me, but the family looks at it as a miracle and a blessing, how strong they are. He seems like a very loved and special little boy. Well, I've never run a 5K before because I truly suck at running, but we're going to go. Maybe this warm weather we're having has been holding out for this 5K! A nice thought, eh?

1 comment:

Lyndsie said...

What a cute hubby you have...sounds like a keeper! :)