Wednesday, December 30, 2009

COPS

Geoff and I have lived in the Orem ghetto before, we know what the ghetto is. Our current neighborhood is not the ghetto, so I have to wonder why we see the cops around here as often as we do. Like today, as I drove up there were two cop cars - parked all skeewampus in the middle of the road - and one officer asking questions from four guys standing around, and taking notes on a pad. I noticed as I walked from car to house, that the cop asked a question and they all turned around and pointed in the general direction of our building. Yikes. Yet we see the cops a lot.

We saw a stakeout once, a couple years ago. Coming home from something, I noticed lots of cop cars parked in each little parking lot turn-in, all just sitting there with their lights off. If they were trying to be inconspicuous, they failed. Anyway, I happened to be out again, some time later that night, when they all suddenly turned on their lights at the same time and quickly drove over to one spot. Curious, I took "the long way" out to see what happened, but all I could see was that they were all parked at one guy's house - in front of his house, in his driveway, on his lawn, like six or seven of them, with their red and blue lights on. Weird. Maybe it's cuz we're just off the freeway and it's a great spot for someone to try and hide. I like living close to the freeway though, the quick access is great.

Well, we got more snow dumped on us. Geoff and I switched cars today so he could take mine in for an oil change. I think his car is worse on the snow than mine!

3 comments:

Toones said...

Im loving the "skeewampus" word. AWESOME! hahaha

Anonymous said...

It's too bad I don't work for Orem PD anymore. I could find out what's up!

Rory said...

If you're sick of the cops, send them my way. My neighbors are in need of the law.