Sunday, December 27, 2009

The man in the pod

Had a totally weird dream about three days ago - it's unusual that I remember a dream that long so I'm just gonna write about it.

I was standing in the road - about halfway up the big hill on Center Street in Spanish Fork, when all of a sudden a soccer-ball-shaped metal pod, about four feet in diameter, fell down from outer space and crashed into the ground in front of me.

The scientist of the pod, who was standing next to me, said there was a man inside it, who was probably injured and would die if he didn't get help right away - although there was no urgency coming from the scientist. He just shrugged his shoulders and started walking away. "Wait! He's going to die!" I called after him, but no response. I pulled out my cellphone and tried to call 911, but could not get my phone to work.

I considered running down to the police station on Main Street but knew I wouldn't get there in time to save the man's life, so I ran across the street instead, to where three guys were hanging out. Panicked, I told them the man was going to die, and could I please use their phones? They didn't seem to care about the man in the pod, but one gave me his phone anyway. It was an iphone, and I couldn't figure out how to use it and gave it back. Another guy gave me his phone. "He's going to die if we don't get help!" I yelled over and over again. I punched 9-1-1 into the other guy's phone, but the numbers 5-0-6 showed up on the screen instead. I knew at that point that something was very wrong and I was going to fail and the man in the pod would die. Then I woke up.

The general feelings of the dream were frustration, because I couldn't believe no one cared about something as vitally important as the man's life - fear, because I alone seemed to carry the responsibility for saving him - and helplessness, because I was failing to do so.

I've got some general ideas about the meaning of this dream, if there is such a thing, but I just don't feel like getting into it right now.

3 comments:

Sven said...

It's sounds like it's the sign of the beast.

Rory said...

So, 911 is really 506; the area code for New Brunswick Canada? This is confusing. (Sign of the beast is 666-- 160 off)

Cali said...

Maybe it was a sign that we're supposed to move to Canada.