Friday, February 12, 2010

I guess the night is mine

At the end of the workday today one of my bosses handed me a very generous graduation gift. Who does that? Especially when they helped pay for the schooling? They are so awesome. I'm really so blessed to work for them... I got so lucky 3.5 years ago when I applied for a little job there. (Well, no job is "little" but I mean to say the whole experience was unknown to me at the time). I'm really tempted to just go spend it on something cool, vs. putting it in savings. Hmm what would be the best decision? Part of me wants to be spontaneous and go buy a new car. The rest of me says that would be a mistake and would feel bad later. Hmmm... maybe a Nintendo Wii with the Mario Cart gettup. Hmmm...

So I am on my own this weekend. Do I clean the house? Do I take myself out for dinner? Go shopping? Tomorrow I'm meeting a girlfriend for a movie. Other than that, I am going to not be a mush puddle anymore, whatever else.

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Have fun at the movies! I SO need a girl's movie night. Maybe next weekend...

Anonymous said...

You can come to your folks house and watch chick flicks and eat fudge! Yeah, that's a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Having a job is seriously such a blessing. Having a good job is something else entirely. Go to Park City and shop and eat at Baja Cantina!

Jax said...

Well, the best bet is always to save. Buuuuuttttt . . . If you're gonna get something fun, going with the Nintendo Wii is a good bet. We got one back in September, and it's been great, especially for multi-player fun with a spouse, kids, or visitors. Mario Kart is an awesome one, yes.

Another total benefit of the Wii is that it has some great exercise programs that actually make the activity--dare I say it--fun and convenient. The best is generally regarded to be EA Sport Active with the add-on More Workouts. Other good ones are Wii Fit Plus and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. They even have a Biggest Loser one, which I think you're in to. Anyway, that's my plug for the Wii.