Saturday, April 17, 2010

Penelope Von Heinrick

Today I had a heavenly massage.  My fav. masseuse came over.  About halfway through, out of nowhere, I heard Dad's voice from outside the window (the blinds were closed but the window was open).  In his best goofy voice, "Ca-li, this is the Lo-ord speaking!"  I chuckled and said, "Dad?"  He chuckled and said, "Cal?"  I said, "I'm having a massage."  "Oh," he replied, and I could hear mom in the background saying, "Oops, I forgot."  Ha ha.  They came back a half hour later to see  Gwennie.  They loved her.

My little sis is in the student council, and tonight is prom night.  The parents of the council were asked to come help decorate UVU for the prom, and also to help announce names at promenade.  (Promenade is where each couple walks a runway in an auditorium, someone announces their names, and the parents take pictures.)  They prolly should've known better than to give dad the microphone... especially if he is safely out of sight.  Mom said he dressed up each announcement with things like, "and now for your viewing pleasure - please welcome so and so - ladies and gentlemen, I give you -" etc.  When it was Danielle and her date's turn to walk the walkway, Dad announced her as "Penelope Von Heinrick" ha ha.  ha ha ha ha!  I laughed so hard.  I wish I could've been there.

Now we're just waiting for the Jazz game to come on and I have a Better-Than-Sex-Cake in the works.  (Or as my Snow college roommate used to call it, Better-Than-Disneyland-Cake.)  Once when I was about 16, our young women's group was asked to provide the mid-day meal to the speakers at stake conference.  One of the speakers was from the Quorum of the Seventy.  We served them better than sex cake, and the dear man's wife thought it was soooo delicious, she wanted the recipe and asked what it was called.  Ha ha, we all stammered and probably turned red.  I'm not sure if we ever gave her an answer.  Later, one of the girls my age said she'd asked her mom if it was really better than sex, and her mom answered, "sometimes."  Ha.  Anyway.

Last night we watched Milo and Otis, because we haven't seen it since we were five and we knew there was a pug in it.  It's kind of a goofy little movie.  But oh well.

My gratefuls for today are:  Mom and Dad.  Shorts and flipflops weather.  Cake.  Massages.

4 comments:

Jessica GaleForce said...

I love that movie, Milo and Otis, I bought it when we first got married for out little ones. Jared refuses to watch it with me. I should probably turn it on and just let Optimus watch it. So so cute though :)

Anonymous said...

Knowing your self concept allows you to choose tasks and methods that showcase your skills and motivation. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet sale[/url] In a manufacturing facility, for example, purchasing can be the responsibility of Purchasing, Maintenance, Engineering, Plant Managers, Store Room managers, Inventory Control, Office Managers, etc. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Wblgjmyve
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets[/url] Czkbxyhgh [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose online[/url] hhinensxz

Anonymous said...

If you want a custom storefront with unique features, movements AND want complete visibility on mobile devices, our Flash HTML platform is the ticket.. http://www.manyghdhair.com This is a newish basement venue in Paris thatâ„¢s comparable to The Annex in New York or Old Blue Last in London, brimming with scenesters, Kitsune fans and party-happy locals nearly any day of the week. north face sale Then layer in your signature accessories, bringing happy fun colors to your look.. ghd hair straightener Four In general, the Charlotte area accounts, accounts Carrie took over in his own ironic way. http://www.wellnorthface.com share [the clothes] that I get to borrow for events and also show off the stuff that I buying in stores, she said.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see a sneak peak of what will be in fashion for next year.. ghd flat iron The whole fashion jewelry business is mostly made up of plastic, zinc, nickel and other such non precious mineral and metals. north face outlet It got abandoned and then put on my finishing list a few months ago. http://www.fitghdhair.com Oh, and eggs you say Well then I guess we should all become vegans then.. north face jackets Usually, small boutiques have much better sales associates then the big name stores.