Wednesday, July 28, 2010

For realz

I'm listening to Pandora as I write this. I've got stations for Maroon 5, Collective Soul, and Howie Day... and John Mayer plays on all of them! Sometimes two or three times in a row! I used to like his stuff but now he's inescapable! That's enough, John Mayer!  Go away!



Well, we've been thinking a wee little bit about buying a house - although now that we've talked some more I don't think it will happen.  A 4.5% rate just seems to good to pass up though.  But.  There's quite a lot of stuff that we'd have to add to our plate, not to mention that we don't know where we'll be living one year from now.  So - maybe it will happen that we'll get a house wherever we move - that would be cool. 

Anyway, there was a little thrill at the thought of moving, and then just a little teeny tiny bit of disappointment at the thought of not moving - so my best efforts are being put forth to make our apartment more livable for now.  Not that it's bad at all mind, it's a great little place.  It's just crowded and messy, so I'm trying to clean and declutter it.  We've got a great set up, with some great options for the future, so we will sit tight for now.  Who knows maybe the rates will still be good in a year from now.

Anyway, speaking of decluttering, how in the world do two people who've read nothing but textbooks for the past five years accumulate so many books!  Other kinds of books.  The books are coming out our ears.  Two of those 5-tiered bookshelves are spilling over.  I think we started with about half a bookshelf when we married.  Maybe we can donate them.

Dishes, so many dishes.  So much unused clothing, shoes, random crap that just sits in the closets and takes up space.  We still have wedding gifts, gardening tools even though the HOA does our lawn here, decor that I'll never use again.  I wouldn't mind getting rid of the christmas tree - we don't need a tree if we don't have kids, do we?  So much to clear out.  We could have a yardsale.  How nice it would be to get rid of stuff and go back to the basics.

I finished the quarterly taxes at work today - with two days to spare, whew.  Now I just have to start in on all the stuff that stacked up in the meantime.  Fun fun.  I know I'm lucky to have a job though.

2 comments:

alison said...

and you wanted to go to the mall to get more "stuff"...

Cali said...

There is always room for *new* clothes.