Thursday, September 30, 2010

A teaching moment

Hmm does that bench look familiar?  :)  (Sort of, except now the foliage is in bloom.)


What I learned

1) I need to recommit myself.  To the church, the gospel, to growing my testimony, to living closer to the spirit.  It is through doing these things that I will have the guidance needed from day to day and throughout my life.

2) Whatever decisions that I make in life, nothing is so important in the eternal scheme of things, as family.

3) I was reminded that Satan and his influence are ever-present, and relentless.  Understanding the endowment more fully is key to resisting and overcoming.
a) The only way to understand the endowment more fully is to go to the temple regularly.
b) I feel that one of Satan's greatest tools that he uses on me is doubt.  I will never understand everything about everything, and there is going to be doubt in me from time to time.  So, go to the temple regularly; continue to learn about the endowment.

4) I am still amazed and consider my teaching moment a tremendous blessing and mercy upon one who didn't deserve it in the least, but who needed it.  This is testimony to me that God loves me and is mindful of me, and will let me know it if I will but seek Him.  I know that He is this way with all of His children.

I went hoping to at least find some calm in my heart.  I found that and so much more.  The sweetness of the spirit and overwhelming feeling of love.  Something I hope everyone experiences in their life.  I hope I never forget.  I am so glad I went.

2 comments:

Toones said...

that is so beautiful cali! im holding one of my girls right now and i promise you... NOTHING is more important or precious than family. i miss you!

Jared said...

I wish there was a like button on blogs... I would like this one and the next one about your dog!