Friday, September 24, 2010

What a material misstatement

Okay, this made me laugh so I'ma gonna share.

A key term to learn from chapter 7 of the auditing textbook:

Relevant Assertion:
According to the book:  "A financial statement assertion that has a reasonable possibility of containing a misstatement or misstatements that would cause the financial statements to be materially misstated."

HA HAH AHAHA!  Seriously?  Could they have made it more rendundant than that?  Were the BYU professors smoking crack when they wrote it?  Couldn't they have said it more like this:

"A financial statement assertion that has a reasonable possibility of containing a material misstatement."

I guess you can charge more for a book if there are more words in it.

Personally, I think that the information in this book would best portray the auditing information in this book if this book is taken in strides, meaning to be read skimmingly and not without a grain or grains of salt.

3 comments:

Cali said...

I'm such a big dork.

Sven said...

the magic music makes your morning move...

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious.
Especially the ending.
Man, I hate worded wordy words misworded.