Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dark Provo

Geoff will be home late tonight, because it's his first day of training with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate).  He'll be working with them for about a year or so I imagine, but they have lots of training before you can start.  He's excited to do it.  I think something like that sounds rather intimidating, and I'm proud of him for doing it.

I got home around 8:00 tonight myself cuz I was at the other job in Provo.  Driving through Provo at night always makes me nostalgic of our courtship - because we met in June, but the courtship was from around August through March, and it was almost always dark outside when we were together.  I would get off work in Payson, come home to brush my teeth and whatnot, then head over to Geoff's.  Good memories of hanging out in the loft at Rich's apartment, or the kitchen when we sometimes made dinner.  I sorta miss Geoff's roomies too they were good people.  But yeah August - March seems like such a SHORT courtship when I think about it now!  I almost feel like who in their right mind would meet and get married in less than a year.  We didn't know each other at all.  In fact, I don't think we've really truly gotten to know each other until this past year.  But I would do it all again.  I love being married.  Sometimes I think about what's to come, even in the next couple of years, and my process-oriented mind worries about the minute details (for example, the challenges of finding a place to live while keeping Gwennie, etc. stupid stuff like that) but I know whatever happens will work out.  And I AM very excited.  Geoff is as excited as I am to experience a new place - hopefully with history and culture and neat places to visit nearby.  He is actually applying for a local university in addition to the others though, just because he already started and figures he should finish.  Wouldn't that be funny if he got accepted there and we decided to stay?  ha ha.  Funny.

Anyway, only one day of school this week and it's over!  Woo!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

August-March isn't bad, especially in our skewed view of things in the church. When you know that's what your path is, it just is. My own courtship was pretty much the month of December. We were engaged the end of that month before I went away to school for a semester and then were married a month and a half after I got home. Seems to have worked---nine+ years/3 1/2 kids later.
My oldest brother reported his mission on Valentine's Day, went out with his now-wife the next day (I set them up with her brother who was dating one of my friends), were engaged March 11, and married April 20th! It has now been 12 1/2 years for them.
You never really KNOW anyone until four years-"they" say. I had some roommates who took a marriage and family class at college and one of them said she wouldn't marry anyone she didn't know for four years. I thought that was kind of dumb because what kind of guy just wants to hang around and date you for four years?!