Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend adventure

Well, I guess Friday wasn't exactly peaceful or productive. 

But, Saturday was the best day with my hubby, ever.  First we watched the first session of General Conference.  Then we headed up to Sundance again to enjoy the last warm weekend of the year.  It was uncharacteristically warm. 

We rode the tram up to the peak of one of the mountains.  Yes even my hubby - usually not fond of heights - went.  Actually, he suggested it!  I loved it.


Then we hiked around to Stewart Falls, which revealed some beautiful scenery.
The only sad thing about this hike was that the best view came from the return to Sundance.  It was probably the most stunning and striking Utah scenery I have ever seen, ever.  You would've needed a panoramic camera to capture the full majestic beauty that surrounded you.  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of that.  I don't know why.  Next summer I definitely should though.  There's two ways to get to Stewart Falls, the Sundance way (which we did) or Aspen Grove.  I think you can probably only see that view from the Sundance way, since the other trail looked like it veered off a whole different direction.

On the way home we stopped at Harmon's and got stuff to make pie with.  I like Harmon's.  We got home and showered because we got sooo dirty on the hike, then Alison came over.  She stayed while we made the pies.  We've never made pie before!  Well, I made a crummy easy 'ol banana cream pie with instant pudding, but Geoff made a couple of pumpkin pies, they turned out really good!  The three of us watched a movie. Then we watched the second session of conference (we had DVR'd it in case we didn't make it back in time which was good because we didn't.  Also, Alison had to work until 3:30 so that's why she was watching it with us).  We went back to the store at 11 pm to get stuff for dinner for today and that's when Al went home.  Best day ever!  I so very much enjoyed hanging out with Geoff, doing fun things and watching conference.  And I love it when Alison comes to hang out too. :)  It was one of the things I missed when she was gone.

Today we've been a little bit more lazy.  Did a little laundry, watched conference, and made cookies and delivered them to some of the neighbors.  We learned that our above-tenant will be leaving before the end of the month.  I wonder who will be there next.

2 comments:

Sven said...

I had a good weekend...we should do it again sometime :)

Cali said...

Heck yes!