Sunday, December 5, 2010

Work party

Friday night was our work Christmas Party.  We had a dinner at Thanksgiving Point and then a little "Let's Make A Deal" activity.  More like a BIG activity.  Our table won iPod Touches.  Some of the other prizes were $500 in Chevron gift cards, $500 gift cards to Sierra West jewelers, KitchenAid mixers, digital cameras, and iPads.  The bum gifts were a jar of sauerkraut, sunglasses, a bottle of lotion, and a candy cane with a dollar bill attached.  The groups with the bum gifts got a chance to trade their gift at the end of the party for a yet unopened gift.  All throughout, the owners would try to lure them away by buying their chosen gift before they got to open it, for a sum of money usually a couple hundred dollars.  BUT.  The grand prize gift that was in there... no one knew was there... and in fact, I think a couple of groups had turned it down for the money, were.................  GET THIS............................  $2,000 in travel credit to anywhere AND a cruise!!  Five people each, the table next to ours, got that one.  Yeah.  Pretty much everyone in the whole room was stunned.  So I guess in dollar value the iPod was one of the cheaper gifts, but still I'm not disappointed.  We've been playing with it constantly since we brought it home... I never thought I'd have anything as nice as that.  I sure do work for a great company.  No matter how put off I get by taxes, at least the company itself is great and I have to be grateful for that.

No comments: