Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dinnertime

I'm going to post about something really dumb.  Because Dumb is my mood.  K.

Geoff just cleaned out the fridge.  This is what we have left.  Usually we let stuff expire and then throw it away, which is what happened this time.  But if we start right now and finish everything, we can say we ate all of the food in our house before we bought more!. Then we'll really have something to be proud of!  Right now, this is about what we've got:


Fridge
Half a jug of milk
Half jar of jam
Half jar of applesauce
Half jar of jalapenos
Some ham (not sure how old it is, but Geoff kept it so it must still be okay?)
Carton of ice cream

Pantry
2 cans green beans
Popcorn
A few slices of bread
Food storage creamy wheat
Food storage (fake) egg mix
Food storage (fake) taco meat

Then we've got a bunch of condiments, spices, and drink mixes taking up too much space.

Last night for dinner, I ate out of the food storage egg mix, and today I ate food storage creamy wheat.  And some ice cream with sprinkles.  Not too bad!  What could we make for dinner tonight with that stuff?  I'm thnking green beans, washed down with milk, and some fake taco meat or old ham on the side?  Maybe the fake taco meat would be good with applesauce or apricot jam on it.  I'm not touching the jalapenos, that's Geoff's domain.  I wonder if we can make it to the weekend without breaking down and buying stuff.


Oh, and we have Kibbles 'N Bits and Pup-peroni.  But we should probably save that for the dog.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Your fridge looks like ours does about now! And I loved your name post :) As a teacher I hate when kids have funky name spellings. This is what I think: if you are trying to be different by spelling a name a weird way, and everyone else is doing it too you've just become part of the crowd, no? And I wish I was available for Scotland in May...sounds like a vacation of a lifetime. I could kick myself for not going to visit Sandy when she was in Ireland. It'll be the trip of the lifetime DO IT!

Anonymous said...

um, i could be majorly pregnant or something, but when you were talking about dinner options, i seriously threw up.

i respect what you are trying to do because i have done it before. so it is possible. it is not delicious, but it is posssible. i believe in you.