Monday, February 7, 2011

Men giggle

My Dr's appt was at 9:40 this morning... I showed up an hour early, thinking it was at 9:00.  Oops.  So I left, and took some donuts to my dad.  Went back to the clinic and who should walk in right after me but my old coworker, Anna!  She and Ken were there for an ultrasound.  We only got to talk a few minutes before they called my name, but it was good to see her.  We're going to do lunch sometime. 

In one of the examination rooms, waiting for my Dr, I could hear an ultrasound going on in an adjoining room.  I could hear the heartbeat monitor, then exclamations of surprise and a man's giggle.  It was cute.  Had my extremely uncomfortable checkup, and then as I was getting dressed again, I could hear a new couple in the adjoining room.  My guess is it was Anna & Ken because it sounded like Ken.  I could hear the hearbeat, then a man's giggle.  I laughed, it was so cute.  How fun it would be to do ultrasounds for other people!  I told Ashley about it and she said it would've made her way uncomfortable to know people can hear what is going on in adjoining rooms.  Lol.  I guess she has a point, but I don't care.

After work I was going to have my roots done, but Nat wasn't able to make it.  So instead I took a bunch of old textbooks to Pioneer Books and sold a bunch of them.  I cleaned 15 textbooks off the bookshelves last Saturday; books that we weren't able to sell back or just plain forgot to.  At about $70 - $275 per book, that represents a lot of money!  I got $130 for them.  Well, not bad considering that Geoff was going to just throw them away.  At least we got something!

It was hard to be at work today.  My brain just wasn't there.  And I'm still dealing with that crap that happened last week.  Ugh. 

No comments: