Wednesday, February 16, 2011

St. George

I got to go to Sunny St. George for a couple of days.  I sat in the jacuzzi by myself underneath the moon and stars (well, they had two jacuzzi's and a pool - I never saw a single other person there, I had it all to myself!), I read books until late in the night, visited with an old friend, took myself to 25 Main for breakfast, browsed bookstores, and basically shopped till I dropped- almost literally, because I got kind of sick on the last evening.  Woke up Tuesday morning and was home by 11 a.m.  It was sooo nice to enjoy some sunshine/warmth.  It wasn't really warm, but enough so that I wore flip flops and it was fine.  It was good to come home though, and be around my own stuff and in my own bed.

There is a clothing store in the outlets down there, called Rock N Rose... cheesy name, GREAT clothing, and so cheap!  I could've bought the whole store if I'd had the money.  Of course, I narrowed it down to only three shirts.  But I wish we had that store up here, I loved it.  It's a bit outside my "comfort zone," but Alison says I need to diversify.  I think I did a little.

Oh and I got an Anthropologie shirt at Downeast for $30.  A little steep for a shirt, for me.  But it was normally $118!  (and cute, so I thought what the hey)  But who pays $118 for a shirt!!  It was a pretty sweet deal.

This morning, I took Gwennie on a 30 min. walk in Nelson's Grove Park.  Fulfilled today's 5K training requirement, got some energy out of Gwennie, and enjoyed the sunshine... I even wore shorts.  Wanted to enjoy it before it snows tonight... I know? No clouds in the sky, great temps, snow.  Doesn't really make sense.  Oh well.  I've got some kind of chest congestion going on now, it hurts to breath very hard and really hurts to cough.  Hope it goes away soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try out this store next time I'm down there. Or maybe I'm a little old for it? I'm glad you made the most of your time there, but it sucks you got sick. Welcome home.

Cali said...

You could pull it off mom. Some of them even reminded me of you.

Courtney said...

Yay! I love St. George! Some warmer weather sounds really nice right now. And I'm getting ready to start the 5th Outlander :) With these later books I do a lot of skimming. They are so long! And I think could be only 500 pgs instead of 700. Just my opinion.

NaDell said...

Wow! I'm always amazed by the regular price on some clothes and even more that someone somewhere spent that much. I think I want to see a picture of this expensive shirt!