Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cuddly wuddly

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty hard to go back to work after getting a glimpse of what's to come.  Sigh.  My trainee is out for two weeks for knee surgery too, so there isn't even any training happening.  I will probably be here through mid May at least.  We'll see I guess.  Blehhhhhhhhh.  I want to smash taxes in the face.  I just can't wait to be done.  It can't come fast enough.

We are trying to enjoy Gwennie as much as possible before we have to find a new home for her.  Normally when we tell her it's "time to go night-night in the kennel" she obediently goes straight to her kennel and that's where she sleeps.  We wanted to try letting her sleep with us last night.  She was extremely tired from the day, so she fell asleep immediately (as opposed to playing, which is what happened last time we tried it).  She insisted on snuggling up right next to me, which I normally love to pieces.  However, it just wasn't working out....  she snores.  And because she kept coming back when I tried to move her, I could feel her little breaths corresponding with each snore.  Also, she sleeps with all four legs stiffly sticking straight out, which takes up a lot of room in our queen-size bed.  Geoff got up to tell her it was time to go night night in the kennel, and instead of being her obedient self, she kept crawling back under the bedcovers, poor thing.  Eventually we settled for letting her sleep on the couch.  I love love love cuddling with my sweet puppy, it was just too hard to fall asleep at the same time.   Maybe we can keep trying it though.

Bleh, work.  I have Riverdance tickets for this Friday though, so I can definitely look forward to that!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I didn't realize you were getting rid of your dog. But that makes sense. I'm glad you guys had a great trip. I am super excited for you!

NaDell said...

Sounds like sleeping with a kid. We tried it and it didn't work. We had to put them back in their kennel---er crib too. =)

Anonymous said...

Wait, I thought you found a place for Gwennie. If you did, that's awesome! If not, let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

tramadol online can buy tramadol online usa - tramadol to buy in usa