Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Listing

Well again with the telltale sore throat and headache.  Not again!  Gah!  Just when I said I was going to start training.  I could probably still go to the gym today, because I'm still in the walking only phase.  But is there even a point if I just have to start over again once the worst of the new cold is gone?  Bleh.

This is our listing: http://www.utahrealestate.com/report/public.single.report/report/detailed/listno/1016669/scroll_to/1016669

The picture company did a really good job of making it look big and spacious.  And I don't know what that random photo of a cabinet is doing in there, but oh well.  Also it's a little embarrassing that there's a closeup of our tub, but I guess they are just trying to show that it's jetted probably.  I think we might be priced a little high, but we'll see.  That's what our spat with the realtor was about - he recommended this price after "supposedly" doing a comparables search, only his search wasn't thorough.  I found a ton of stuff in our neighborhood listed for much cheaper the very next day, emailed the info to him, and then he said we should drop the price by about $7,000... this was after we had signed the listing agreement, which we might not have done if we had had a good solid estimate of what we could sell for.  Still not sure what it's going to seel for, if at all.  $7,000 is not a lot if you have a big house worth a lot more, but when we're trying to just recover the down payment that we put into it, it takes a sizeable chunk out.  I guess we are motivated to sell, but not desperate.  So if we don't get any traffic in the next couple of weeks maybe we'll revisit that.

But anyway, off to make dinner and contemplate going to the gym.

4 comments:

JohnnyB said...

"and no strais"? ask your realtor about the discount for nobody proofreading your listing

JohnnyB said...

The place looks really great! You should sell easily.

Cali said...

I know right? Typos all over the place. And "seel" in my own post. Oh well. When we ask him to drop the price, I'll be sure to mention that!

Cali said...

And thanks! I hope so!