Monday, March 14, 2011

New adventure

Our house actually showed last week.  The word we got was that the couple absolutely loved our place.  The only negative thing they had to say was that the people that live above us were noisy, and they have to think about whether or not they want to live below someone.  Dang.  The people that live above us now (and it seems to change about once a year or so) are super nice and keep to themselves, but they do have two small children.  Dang.  I hope they don't scare away all the potential buyers.  All of the other tenants that have lived up there have been super quiet.  We'll have to see I guess.

Today Geoff bought plane tickets to NYC for next week!  They were pretty cheap, only $288 each for round-trip.  We both took three days off work.  We're going to tour the campus, figure out the subways, and do some sightseeing.  I'm so excited!  BTW, that means Geoff accepted Columbia's acceptance, lol.  He tried to call USC to see when they were sending out decisions, and all they would say was that they didn't know.  Dumb.  They lost a great student because they either couldn't get it together in time or be straight with us... even though Geoff might not have picked them anyway, if they ended up accepting him.  Well, I'm glad we're not going to a dumb school.  New York, I think will be the experience of a lifetime.  :)

I've finally started training someone at work! Yay!  Although they aren't a full-time trainee like what I did when I started.  She's an inside employee, and is training someone else to do her job so she can take my job.  In addition, I'm giving a bunch of my job duties away to a third person, who is in turn giving some of her duties to my trainee.  So there's lots of ebb and flow going on with the training, lol.  I might need to stay into May, which would be totally fine.  Also they decided to purchase that new software for tax processing, the implementation of which will be happening in April, during quarterlies.  It's gonna be some crazy times.

I really feel relieved to finally be moving on to the next chapter of life though.  I'm a little scared about looking for and starting a new job.  And there are some things like I'll miss my family, and we won't be able to take Gwennie with us.  (I know that makes me so sad!)  But family will be able to come visit, and hopefully someone we know will be able to take good care of our sweetie.  And overall, I cannot wait for a new adventure!  One of the first couple of posts I ever made on this blog was about my dream of living in New York City.  Whooda thunk!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, this sounds so exciting! I have never been to NYC and I would love to go someday.

I have to tell you that I have never had the desire to live far from family and what I am comfortable with. And then I would read about how you'd like to live in a different country and it got me thinking. Then I saw "Letters to Juliet" and it made me think even more that it would be an awesome experience to live somewhere else. Anyway, it makes me feel less nervous about trying someplace new in the future.

Now if only we could find the perfect job to take us there.

Sorry for all the ramblings, lol.

Cali said...

Heidi, well this will be a first for me, so you never know, I could end up being really homesick, ha ha. Hopefully not though. And that's the scary part is not already having a job! I understand! :) I haven't seen Letters to Juliet, is it good?

Jessica GaleForce said...

You can't take Gwinnie??!?!?!?

/tears

/idea forming
If you were interested we could take her (for a couple of years) until you were able to be in a situation where you have her again. I would have to ask Jared of course. Or do you want her to have a permanent home??

Heidi said...

I liked it pretty well. The guy on it is kind of annoying, but I thought it was worth watching anyway. :)