Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rockefeller Center, Brooklyn Bridge, Chinatown

A few other things we did were go to the Top of the Rock at the Rockefeller Center.  I loved the R-Center!  I loved the ice skating rink and the flags and the Christmas lights.  I bet it is a sight to see at Christmas time.



That little stretch of land between the park and the river - that's where we'll be (hopefully if we get housing)


Walking the Brooklyn Bridge


Staten Island Ferry past the Statue of Liberty
We got a lot closer than that but everyone has seen pictures of the Statue of Liberty.  We thought this was cool with the statue and the city skyline.


Went to Chinatown directly after walking the bridge.  It is funny- you walk past these people standing by their tables of dumb knick-knacks and they covertly whisper "coach bags" to you as you walk by.  And everything is up for barter.  I am a terrible barterer.  We ate at this tiny - blink you miss it - chinese place.  It was delicious!


Though I will add that they were a "cash-only" restaurant and were very expensive.  Afterwards, I saw a pair of sunglasses that I wanted at a booth, and asked how much.  The guy looked at me and said, "twelve dollars." I went for my cash and realized I didn't have any.  So I asked Geoff for some and he said we spent our last cash dollar on dinner.  The booth guy saw me hesitating and said, "I'll make it ten dollars."  I turned to question Geoff if we really didn't have any cash, and I mean any cash?  Geoff said no.  The booth guy lowered the price again.  The longer I stood there questioning Geoff, the lower he went, and finally asked, "how much do you want them for?"      Yeah.    It was sad to walk away from that one.  I'll probably never be able to do that again, lol.

No comments: