Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I could really use a cookie

If I was ever going to have blood pressure problems, they'd be happening right now.  I badly needed to get away from the office today so I took a lunch break to come home and see Gwennie.  I ended up driving through six - count them six - patches of construction on Geneva road between Lindon and Orem, couple that with all of the slow industrial dump trucks, tractors, backhoes, etc., it took me more than twice the time it normally takes to get home.  So, I am home now, and plotting my route back to work that doesn't involve the freeway or Geneva road. 

I'm so tightly wound because of work lately that I just feel as if the smallest little tick will set me off.  I know that I'm a stress-eater too, so I hope I can control myself.  It's just that it tends to take the edge off, like a good shot of whiskey. (Not that I would know... that was a crack my dentist made once while I was sitting in the chair)  What other ways do other people calm down and relax that don't involve food?  I can think of a few things but none that seem as appealing, or can be done in the space of a few minutes.  What do YOU do to unwind or calm down?

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Stress eat too or sleep. Or go to Kohl's. All bad ideas, except sleeping. =)
That's why some women run or go on long walks, I guess. I'm just not that cool and active.

Cali said...

NaDell, I love sleeping and shopping too!! I can't do them in the middle of the day usually (when I'm most stressed out), but I'm definitely with you.

Anonymous said...

I will take a little 15 minute breather walk when I'm stressed at work. Or go sit in my car and cry. :)

Cali said...

Thanks Brittany. I'll do that! Probably tomorrow!