Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LHOTP and half marathons

I just cancelled our Dish Network!  Whew.  I feel both a little lost/nervous and relieved.  Maybe we can just get some rabbit ears for the local news, and (excited gasp)  LHOTP!  (Little House On The Prairie).  Lol.  I just checked and we still have access to Netflix too, so we should be okay.  We've been talking about it for a month now, finally I got the guts to do it.

Geoff signed up to run the AF Half Marathon in June.  He started a training plan yesterday which included running 3.5 miles!  It's my goal just to be able to go that far by the end of May.  I'm proud of him; I know he can do it.  I'm going to sign up for the 5k that is offered at the same time/place.  Then I can wait at the end and take pictures as he runs across the finish line.  He said he's going to be all dramatic for me.

I still feel like crap.  I made it to 3:00 at work though, so better than yesterday.  I'm knocking myself out tonight.

We had THREE showings on our condo today!  That doubles the amount of showings we've had since February when we put it on the market.  Two of them seemed really interested - one was a realtor that is purchasing condos in the area so he can rent them out, and was already talking about how to construct an offer.  The other were a young couple - first time home buyers - who liked it enough that they called their parents to come look at it right then, to give them a second opinion.  It sounded promising as well.  The first two people that looked at it also sounded promising though and we never heard from them again, so we'll see.  But it's not bad I think.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

hope you feel better! And good luck on your condo--I hope things work out. Do you have a plan what you'll do if you it doesn't sell by the time you move? Will you try to rent it out yourselves?

Cali said...

Thanks Courtney! Yep we'll just rent it out if it doesn't sell.