Monday, September 10, 2007

Oh Blessed Sick Days

Called in sick today. Was I sick? Physically, no. Mentally, maybe. All I can say is thank goodness for sick days. My company is so awesome, I love that they give us sick days... or "mental health days," as the joke goes in the payroll department. Sometimes they are needed!

After I called in, I went back to sleep until 9:30, then I got up and got a TON of stuff done. I cleaned almost the whole house, (which needed it badly!!), did some laundry, and spent HOURS on homework. And on top of that, I took a full shower, and did my make-up and hair, which felt so nice. (Most days I wake up late and only have time for half-showers and then skip the make-up and hair.)

I feel so much better now that that stuff is done. I feel more centered now, more willing to handle tomorrow. Like there's breathing room.

And can I just say I have the most awesome husband? He didn't try to make me feel like I was lazy for taking the day off this morning, he just told me to get some sleep as he left for class. :) I love him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your "mental health" day was very very good for you. I agree that we all need a little extra time just for own well being. That's why I'm so pumped about having a day to myself each week. I'll be a better mom, wife, homemaker.... and I'm looking forward to making tons and tons of salsa!

Cali said...

Mmmm Salsa! I bet I'm looking forward to your days off more than you are!

DeAnna said...

Dang, that would be nice, especially for those of us who actually have mental disorders :)
I am acutally relieved to be working and not having to be home bored. However I have only been working a week, so I am sure that will wear off soon. Sorry to ask the forbidden question, but where does having kids fit into your scenario? Just wondered.

Cali said...

They fit in after graduation and starting a career... which means a lot more years. I guess it is possible that plans will change and kids will come sooner, but for now we're focusing on other things. This week we actually thought I might be pregnant and it scared us to death! We're not ready! (We're not pregnant). But yeah, what about you?

ks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnna said...

Probably in about a year. We would like to pay some things off and make sure our health insurance is set and ready (we are in the process), but yeah, probably in the next little while...we'll see :) We aren't really ready yet either, but money is really the only thing slowing us down.