Friday, September 21, 2007

Sixth Senses

My husband has a sixth sense. He always manages to call me when I'm out shopping for clothes. This has been a touchy subject between us in the past, but we now have an understanding - read a phone conversation we had at one such time a couple months ago:

Me: Hello?
Him: Hey, whatcha doing?
Me: Shopping. (Sensing a pending reprimand about my spending habits) I always feel bad when you call and I tell you I'm out shopping.
Him: Then lie.
Me: Okay.

Express permission. Tonight I was at Old Navy, when the inevitable phone call came. He asked what I was going to do tonight and I said study for a quiz. There was fairly loud shopping music playing on the overhead, and I know he heard it. But he didn't ask about it, and I didn't tell. And at the end of the day, everyone's happy.

No comments: