Monday, October 1, 2007

Black Wednesday

At work, there are 4 to 6 "busiest days of the year." Because of the way the schedule falls, they happen on Wednesdays, usually two in a month. These days could easily put you in a mental institution, so I have happily named them Black Wednesdays. And they are happening this week (the day after tomorrow), and then again two weeks from now. So. I am physically and mentally fortifying myself against the day of reckoning. Black Wednesday.

Also, at work, we have begun subjection to a new program, which is supposed to increase job satisfaction and performance, so that we might be a more efficiently-running machine. We meet as a group, with a coach, every Monday at 8 a.m. sharp. I guess management must really believe this will make a worthwhile difference, because if you take 25 people away from their jobs for just one hour, that is 25 hours of man-power gone.

Actually I guess it's really great that I can work for a company that cares enough to do these kinds of things. I have indeed worked for people who don't give a crap before, so this is nice. I'm just a little skeptical of them, so we'll just have to watch and learn. The best minds learn from everything they can, right??? (I'm not saying I have the best mind, I'm just, you know, talking out my butt.)

My family is planning a trip to New York City next October. I'm JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We probably wouldn't be able to go because of school. Just gotta hanker down and get school done, then we can participate in all the fun family trips. I got a 92 on my economics exam today. Of five exams so far, I have got a 92% on each and every one. Weird.

No comments: