Tuesday, October 2, 2007

So cows CAN fly

"He had a little trouble with the law and is finishing up a stint in the hoosegow. Apparently it's illegal to catapult cattle into a flock of Hari Krishnas."

This is the reply I got from my client when I asked if one of their employees was going to be coming back to work. I love this client, he is so awesome. I needed a good laugh after this morning.

(I am going to complain about stuff now, so if you have a problem with complainers, feel free to move on.) After falling asleep around 1:30 due to stuffy nose, I woke up late (again), so I skipped washing the hair even though it needed it. Went out to my car and tried to start it and it wouldn't start. What?? This is the first time my car has ever, ever given me any sort of problem that was not my fault. Anyway, I called my co-worker, who, thankfully, was also running late, and she picked me up on the way.

Today is Grey Tuesday. (A build-up to Black Wednesday) Which means it is also very busy, and I am stressed out at work. I sat there scanning in some paperwork, and I must've sniffled or coughed, because another co-worker who was sitting nearby asked if I had a cold. I said, "I'm getting there," because I'm halfway there, and she had the nerve to sit there in her chair and say, "Well I'm just going to stay here in my little corner all day and use my hand-sanitizer. We need to put hand sanitizer everywhere, at the scanner, in the printing room, at all of our desks," on and on she went, all the while eyeing my use of the department scanner. I remarked that wouldn't it be nice if we could all take the day off whenever we get a cold. (She recently did that.) When I said that, she went, "Why can't you?" (take the day off). Well, it being Grey Tuesday, and tomorrow being Black Wednesday, I stared at her in disbelief. Given the build-up of the day's events, I'm pretty sure I said something rude to her, although I don't remember what it was exactly because I was seeing red. If I took the day off tomorrow, several people would die. I should cough in her face.

*sigh*. Women.

To be honest, if you put 20 people together in one small room, and you all share the same equipment, it is impossible not to spread, or contract, a cold. About five of us have colds right now, and there will be more, har har har. (PS- that's another reason we can't all take the day off when we have a cold, there wouldn't be enough people there to cover the work-load).

Anyway, hubby as usual has been very great about the whole car thing. We worked our schedules so we could share his car, and we're going to try and replace the battery (we already tried to jump it). That would be cool if I figured out how to replace it myself.

About the "catapulting cattle" thing, is that a quote from a movie or slang for something else? We didn't think he could possibly be serious...

7 comments:

kenna said...

I think he WAS serious. This kind of crime happens all the time. It being Black Wednesday tomorrow, if you get a minute, you can e-mail vent to me. Just let me know how I can make tomorrow easier. Maybe I can come up with random crimes and email them to you too...

Cali said...

Thanks for your support Kenna, you are so awesome! If you were to send me an email with random crimes it would totally make my whole week! :)

Cali said...

Oh - how is it physically possible to catapult a cow, do you think?

Anonymous said...

Cali.... I'm sure the catapulting cattle idea came from Monty Python's "Holy Grail" movie. They were catapulting cattle and other animals into a french castle. You'll have to watch it some time for some weird entertainment.

DeAnna said...

LOL...THAT IS FUNNY

Anonymous said...

hey, cal-pie. Sorry you're getting sick. maybe I can come visit sometime, yeah?

Cali said...

Yeah you never come over you should come over more often! Well you are coming next tuesday, but that's not for hang-out, but that's okay we should still hang out more. I am glad you are feeling better.