Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Collective Soul!



It was Kick-A.

It was sooo fun! I loved it!

We got there two hours early (kind of by accident actually, we thought it would take longer to get there.) It's this creepy old building in the middle of nowhere out by the Great Salt Lake.






So we waited in line for an hour and a half, but it turned out because we were right up front, just two people away from the rail. (In the inside picture, the stage is on the left side and faces to the right). It was so much fun because we were right in there with the crowd, head-bangin and singing and getting pushed around. Well, I banged and pushed around, I don't think Geoff did much. (He did get to shove some people however) But the people were packed in so tight, it was like the whole crowd just moved together anyway. People pushed so much that we were eventually transported a little further back, but not much. It kind of smelled because everyone was sweating, but it was so much fun!




These are the best pictures I could get with my phone. Ed Roland was wearing a black t-shirt that said "I have issues", and skinny jeans (which are seriously only for skinny people, people!) And even though he has long, flowing blonde hair, he looked a lot older than I thought he would; the rest of the band looks probably ten years younger than him. But, he's an old pro, it looked like he just breezed through it, and he seemed to just love every single minute of it. He was kind of dramatic in his movements and stuff, but it was so cool. He seems just like an all-around nice and sincere person, I really liked him. I thought they all did so good. There was one song I didn't know, that's it. (Supposedly it was the first one they ever recorded.) Most of the songs they did were hits, then there were a couple from the new album. It was so fun!!!


If you're going to go to that kind of concert, being in front is the way to go. The last one I went to (with friend McKenna), we didn't get there early enough and got stuck clear in the back where we couldn't see anything and everyone was making out with each other. Twas gross.


I kind of sort of dragged Geoff to this one with me; usually the concerts we go to are the sit-down ones, with stadium seating and all (Elton John, Steve Miller, Sting are a few). He had thought it might be a little lame, but he said he had fun, (and so did I obviously, I can't stop talking about it). I can't wait for the next time they come. It would be awesome to get backstage passes or something. Cali loves Collective Soul!


Oh yeah, and Emerson Heart opened, and I didn't know who they were, but turns out the lead singer is the guy from Tonic, who I do know. It was really cool to hear him sing "if you could only see the way she loves me," I love that song. He said he had to leave early because he'd just had a baby girl and hadn't seen her yet. They were good too though. Geoff said he looked like a bad-ass dude. ha.


We should really do more concerts. It's one thing we both love.

3 comments:

kenna said...

I LOVE IT! I am so glad you got to go to the concert! Remember when we went? That was like two years go! Holy cow...we are old.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a difference it makes when you're UP FRONT! Honestly... even bad concerts are fun and enjoyable when you can be up close and personal. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nat said...

I love concerts. I am Jealous you were there! I love being in front but only because I am so short and can't see over people.