Thursday, November 8, 2007

Big Hairy Scary

So, word is out that one of my co-workers actually went to the boss and made a complaint that some of us dress too nice. ??? I could MAYbe see a complaint about some people not dressing nice enOUGH, but too nice?? *sigh* This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about when I say WORK DRAMA. It's all about tripping the prom queen. You work in an office full of women, there's always going to be the one or two who'll do anything to spread their misery. It's ridiculous.


On a better note, the woman I work with on "big hairy scary" (that's my name for our nastiest client - I'm her helper with this one), there's been more drama going on with her and this client.
I'll avoid going into all the gory detail, but she takes a lot of abuse from them, and the other day something happened that was just the last straw. As we talked about it, I think I went off about how if it were me, I'd be livid, and I'd be doing this and this, and she just kind of listened to me and nodded. The next day, she went in and had a talk with the boss, and came out with extremely positive results. She was so happy. She told me that if I hadn't encouraged her, she would've never stood up for herself. It was kind of cool for me to hear. We talk a lot about self-validation in my philosophy class, so when she said that it sort of made my day. :)

My friend came over last night and watched the Office with me too, that was fun.

And I love my husband more than anything. :)

No comments: