Monday, November 5, 2007

Brilliant, simply brilliant

Monday morning meeting. Heeeyyyyyyyyy, that's brILLiaaaaaaaant!!! That's how our meeting-guy talks. This morning's meeting was about.... umm.... it was about..... shoot. I can't remember. However, I CAN remember the poem we were supposedly supposed to memorize and then never talked about again.

WILL

There is no chance, no destiny, no fate
Can circumvent or hinder or control
The firm resolve of a determined soul

Gifts count for nothing, will alone is great
All things give way before it soon or late
What obstacle can stay the mighty force
Of the sea-seeking river in it's course
Or cause the ascending orb of day to wait

Each well-born soul must win what it deserves
Let the fool prate of luck. The fortunate is he
whose earnest purpose never swerves, whose
slightest action or inaction serves the
one great aim. Why, even death stands still
and waits an hour sometimes for such a will.
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

I think those statistics are more for those that use tannning beds, not so much the regular sun (even though too much sun isn't good either), and it also makes a big difference if you work on your tan gradually rather than getting burned all at once. Plus skin type is a big factor. (I had 2 roommates that loved to tan and were nursing degrees and looked into it quite thoroughly)...I just decided I don't care anymore. My husband is white white white and so there is no competition anymore, so I don't really care.

Cali said...

Yeah that's what I meant - those that use tanning beds... like me. But yeah you're right it probably depends on a lot of different things.