Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I bring home the bacon now

Well, I decided not to get a ticket to the Tori Amos concert for Christmas. I told Geoff thanks, but I would rather save the money. I am enjoying her CD that I bought, however. One of my favorites on there goes like this:

I wasn't thinking, my head was in the book
His hands were on her uh-e-uh-va-uh-re-uh-where
I saw his face, I dropped my coffee
He's cheating on me with a hoochie woman

Ooo hoo hoo, you keep your hoochie
ooo hoo hoo, and keep the house
ooo hoo hoo, I have the bank accounts
cuz' boys I bring home the bacon
I said boy I bring home the bacon now

It's so angry-girl, I love it. For the most part this album is a lot more laid back (The Beekeeper) - like vacation music. This one is kind of reggae-funk, keeping the piano at the forefront. It's not so dark and heavy, I really like it. I also like Cornflake Girl, which is older.

We had the front room carpet cleaned today. When I came home for lunch Geoff had moved all the furniture into the kitchen for the carpet guys to come, and we sat on the bare front-room floor and ate lunch. It had a real primitive feel, like before you move into a house and it's empty and your stuff is still packed up. Or when we got our first apt. right before we got married. It was fun. My baby's so cute.

No comments: